Core Formation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Core Formation

---

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

We did it so wrong-Improvement of Leo the blind

Go down 
+4
Gnomemuncher
Naarden
Sciatica
Bonewraith
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bonewraith

We did it so wrong-Improvement of Leo the blind Empty
PostSubject: We did it so wrong-Improvement of Leo the blind   We did it so wrong-Improvement of Leo the blind Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 4:13 am

We all know leo is very sensitive to aggro after his WW,but we never deal with it correctly. His ww lasts for about 12 seconds,which is almost a full duration for most of the dots/hots, from wat i saw last night, warlock,shadow priest and tree droods r on the "most wanted" list of Leo. Which means u need to be very careful of ur dots/hots. As wildfury will yell in vent "5 seconds b4 WW!" thats a significant sign for u guys to stop dotting/hotting, which leaves Leo completely "clean" after he finish his ww. I've checked many videos of Leo, as warlock u can incinerate/shadow bolt during ww, as SP u can mind flay/mind blast, as tree drood u can swiftmend all ur hots b4 he ends ww(shaman/pally will take care of the raid),hunters md the maintank or fd while md is in cd. Dont expect the tank to grab aggro smoothly, theres a lot of Miss,Parry and Dodge. Cooperation makes things much easier.
DBM isnt perfect,we all know that,but the phase changing timer is still good, that clearly tells u when u have to run or stop dot/hot. Beside, I also want to say, this is a game, a program, based on random generated data, so we need to be smart: warlock offtank put ur felhound away from u( just like everybody else being away so it wont take aoe dmg), melees dont w8 for death when some1 beside u is being hit by demon chaos blast( step away and get back in when warlock offtank grabs the aggro).
Thats all Ive come up with. Anything else plz post ur idea.
Back to top Go down
Sciatica

Sciatica

PostSubject: Re: We did it so wrong-Improvement of Leo the blind   We did it so wrong-Improvement of Leo the blind Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 4:58 am

Yep that's definetly what was wrong yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Naarden

PostSubject: Re: We did it so wrong-Improvement of Leo the blind   We did it so wrong-Improvement of Leo the blind Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 10:04 am

yup
Back to top Go down
Gnomemuncher

Gnomemuncher

PostSubject: Re: We did it so wrong-Improvement of Leo the blind   We did it so wrong-Improvement of Leo the blind Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 10:24 am

MOAR hunters, all 3 if possible imo =\ 3 misdirects could mean a smooth transition int each phase 2 is managable but 3 would make it sooo much smoother wih a misdirect EVERY pickup
Back to top Go down
Hornysoul

PostSubject: Re: We did it so wrong-Improvement of Leo the blind   We did it so wrong-Improvement of Leo the blind Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 4:42 am

Well - if I cant use HoT's I barely can heal - my rejevenution is there for 12sec - and lifebloom 7 - And then I can only HoT the first few seconds of ww - and it's first really necessary on the last seconds, And HT is way too expensive imo. Okey - we should only have brought 1 resto druid, I know - but a resto drudi diffenintly shouldnt be on Group healing anyway - and imo it's not like MT needs a lot healing while ww - So Druids shouldnt really be a problem !
Back to top Go down
Sciatica

Sciatica

PostSubject: Re: We did it so wrong-Improvement of Leo the blind   We did it so wrong-Improvement of Leo the blind Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 10:37 am

More rogues you mean. We don't DoT like madmen and get killed by the boss. I was always one of the last survivors on all our wipes on Leo.
Back to top Go down
ZZxyz

ZZxyz

PostSubject: Re: We did it so wrong-Improvement of Leo the blind   We did it so wrong-Improvement of Leo the blind Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 4:32 am

you could use the tactic where there is 3 tanks, 1 warrior MT with full protection gear and 2 druid with mixed dps/tank, the 2 druids helps the warrior to pick up leo then leaves it over to mt and returns to cat form to dps. Very usefull used it a couple of times with my old guild.

EDIT: this also makes it less important with hunters (MD).
Back to top Go down
skinnyhealer

skinnyhealer

PostSubject: Re: We did it so wrong-Improvement of Leo the blind   We did it so wrong-Improvement of Leo the blind Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 1:24 am

Well.. This means we just have to make sure we dont shit our panties.. and watch the phase shift on DBM NOT WW since he just resets aggro at Ww nothing more.. And If PPl go away from ww u dont need to heal them and btw.. Hornysoul L2P .. Ur spam heal = HT rank 4.. ;P :p
Back to top Go down
Wildfury

Wildfury

PostSubject: Re: We did it so wrong-Improvement of Leo the blind   We did it so wrong-Improvement of Leo the blind Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 1:27 am

Problem with 3-4 tanks is the DPS. During our tries it already lacked, i gues motly because its a new boss, but ever so, we have to get him down befor the enrage timer and as we already lacked DPS, getting more tanks on board would not end so well.

Best Regards,
Wildfury
Back to top Go down
skinnyhealer

skinnyhealer

PostSubject: Re: We did it so wrong-Improvement of Leo the blind   We did it so wrong-Improvement of Leo the blind Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 4:03 am

Well get one Warrior tank and then get more droods for this boss?
Back to top Go down
Sciatica

Sciatica

PostSubject: Re: We did it so wrong-Improvement of Leo the blind   We did it so wrong-Improvement of Leo the blind Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 8:39 am

If we lack DPS, bring more rogues...
Only casters seem to be hit by the WW anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We did it so wrong-Improvement of Leo the blind   We did it so wrong-Improvement of Leo the blind Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We did it so wrong-Improvement of Leo the blind
Page 1 of 1